Fill out our online application
The application process may take up to 20 minutes to complete.
Grow with a Leader!
Cassens Transport Company offers outstanding career opportunities for trained, qualified, and conscientious drivers. To attract the best drivers to the Cassens team, we offer top pay and benefits and superb training.
If you are interested in working for a dynamic industry leader with a proven history of success, we would like to get to know you. Before we learn about you, however, we'd like you to know more about us.
Cassens Transport Company
Cassens Transport Company has served the automotive industry proudly since 1933. Today, we employ more than 1,300 Teamster drivers, 150 shop personnel, and over 250 other support people.
Each day our modern fleet delivers up to 8,000 vehicles for 15 domestic and international automobile manufacturers. Our distinctive red equipment can be seen throughout United States and Ontario, concentrating our services in the Midwest, Atlantic seaboard and Ontario.
Our company headquarters is located in Edwardsville, Illinois, 25 miles northeast of St. Louis, Missouri.
Our terminals are located in:
|Illinois: || Aurora, Belvidere and Hegewisch |
|Indiana: ||Lafayette and Princeton |
|Kansas: ||Kansas City |
|Kentucky: ||Georgetown |
|Maryland: ||Jessup/Annapolis Junction |
|Michigan: ||Detroit, Warren (Dodge City), and Sterling Heights |
|New Jersey ||Newark |
|New York: ||Niagara |
|Ohio: ||Marysville, Avon Lake, Toledo, and Warren/Lordstown |
|Pennsylvania: ||Philadelphia |
|Tennessee: ||Smyrna |
|Canada: ||London and Windsor |
We have the most modern fleet in our industry. Our advanced tractor and trailer technology enables us to maximize our loads and provide ease of loading to meet our customer requirements and protect our drivers and the public.
Committed to Safety
Our company believes that safety and health in the workplace is of paramount importance. It is our objective to provide you a safe working environment. Regular training in the areas of injury prevention, accidents, and OSHA awareness is just a portion of what you can expect from our safety staff. Ultimately, responsibility for working and acting safely rests with you the driver. We have high expectations of you, yet do everything we can to prepare you for the job.
Outstanding Pay / Benefits
Cassens drivers receive full coverage Teamster health, welfare and pension benefits.
We pay according to the Teamster's National Master Automobile Transporters Agreement.
Time with Your Family
Our average trip is 300 miles. Drivers are usually away from home only one or two days at a time, which allows time to spend with your family.
You will have a home terminal with some cross-country hauls. However, those trips are generally reserved for more senior drivers.
Training and Orientation
Each newly hired driver will receive hands-on training from our staff on the proper methods we expect to be used when handling, loading and unloading vehicles.
New hires will also receive Safety and Wellness, Smith System, and Daily Log Entry training.
Cassens also has a mentoring program where all newly hired drivers are matched with an existing employee. The mentor will work with the new employee and help them become a member of the Cassens "family.''
Maintaining a Tradition of Excellence
Cassens Transport Company has a strong tradition of quality service and innovation. We have won numerous awards from multiple shippers. Our drivers are extremely skillful, and we expect the same from you.
What We Need to Know About You
We need reliable employees to help us continue our strong tradition as an industry leader. We offer solid career opportunities for good people who meet the following qualifications.
- Must have a valid "A" CDL (Commercial Driver's License) from the applicant's state of residence.
- Must meet all PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXAMINATIONS as enumerated in the United States Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration's Safety Regulations, SUBPART E, section 391.41; section 391.43 (INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERFORMING AND RECORDING PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS); section 391.45; and section 391.49.
- Must have one year of truck driving experience with tractor-trailer equipment; or, be a graduate of an accredited truck driving school.
- Must have a high school diploma, or GED.
- Must meet or be able to meet all qualifications for drivers as enumerated in the United States Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration's Safety Regulations, SUBPART B - QUALIFICATIONS AND DISQUALIFICATIONS OF DRIVERS, section 391.11; section 391.15; and SUBPART C - BACKGROUND AND CHARACTER, section 391.21.
- Must have no known record of a driving license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days during the 36 month period prior to the date of applicant's receipt of application for employment. Suspension must be a direct result of a conviction while operating a motor vehicle.
- Must have no record of citation or conviction for the violations listed below during the 36 month period prior to the date of the applicant's receipt of application for employment:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Refusal to take a test required by an implied consent of similar law(s).
- Violation of an "open container" or similar statute.
- Reckless homicide or involuntary manslaughter.
- Operating while under suspension or revocation.
- Leaving the scene of an accident or "hit and run."
- Use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony.
- Assault with a motor vehicle.
- Reckless driving or careless endangerment.
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer.
- Must have no record of convictions for more than four motor vehicle violations (exclusive of those listed in requirement #7) during the 36 month period prior to the date of the applicant's receipt of application for employment. Two equipment (driver accountable) violations equal one moving violation.
- Must have no record of convictions for more than two at-fault traffic accidents while operating a motor vehicle during the 36 month period prior to the date of the applicant's receipt of application for employment.
- Must have no record of convictions in more than two at-fault moving vehicular violations, and more than two motor vehicle moving violations during the 36 month period prior to the date of the applicant's receipt of application for employment.
- Must have no record of any felony conviction(s); nor, have any record of misdemeanor conviction for a crime involving physical violence and/or dishonesty.
- Must be able and willing to work a varied schedule during any seven day period; and, be able and willing to work 70 hours in any given consecutive eight day period.
Additional Driver Qualifications
- Applicants seeking a position at any of the following locations will be required to obtain a FAST Pass prior to consideration for employment: Michigan - Detroit, Warren (Dodge City), Sterling Heights, Ohio - Toledo, New York - Niagara
Please visit www.CBP.gov to view additional information from the Department of Homeland Security regarding available Trusted Traveler Programs.
Instructions on how to apply for the Free and Secure Trade Program (FAST Pass) will be located in the Trusted Traveler link via the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES).
Cassens Transport Company is one of the most successful companies in the automobile hauling industry. As a member of our innovative and dedicated team, you will share the rewards of success.
If you are going to make a career in the transportation business, you want to Drive with the Leader!
Cassens Transport Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
fill out our online application
The application process may take up to 20 minutes to complete.